You meant to register for the 5K, but you registered for the 10K. Your friends are running the Half Marathon, but you signed up for the Marathon. Fortunately, changing races is something race organizers sometimes allow you to do yourself through your CT Live profile.
To find out if this feature is enabled, log into your CT Live profile using the e-mail you used to register for the event. Locate the race in your Upcoming Events list and look for a button that says "Change Race".
If you don't see this button, you may still be able to have your race changed. You should Contact Your Event Organizer to ask them if this is possible.
If you did see the button, use the process below to change your race.
- Click the Change Race button.
- In the window that appears, select the Change to another race option, then click Continue.
- In the next step, select the new Registration Choice you'd like to switch to, then click Continue.
Please note that some organizers will charge a fee to switch between races and/or charge the difference between one race and another if you're switching to a longer distance.
- On Step 3 you will see a summary of the price difference between one race and another (if any) any Race Change fee the organizer is charging, and any service fee that applies to the change. Click Proceed to Checkout to continue.
- If there were any Fees for changing races, please supply your credit card information with which to pay the fees, then click Pay. If there is no fee to pay, you will not have to enter credit card info.
- On the final page, you will see a confirmation message similar to the one below. Click Finish to complete the process.