First, you should verify that the Event is offering Athlete Updates. If Athlete Updates are available, Event Organizers will often supply a sign-up link on the Event's Web Page.
As of July 2018, Facebook no longer allows 3rd-Parties to auto-post on users' behalf. As such, we will no longer be able to offer automatic posting of your results on Facebook. Even if you signed up for Facebook updates for your race before the change went into effect, you will not receive updates on Facebook. For more on this change, this article from Business Insider offers some explanation of the change.
- Once you click the link, you should see this window:
- After you click Start Setup, you need to log in to your existing CT Live account or create a new one if you don't already have one. You can also log in using social media accounts.
- Once you've logged in, type your name or team name or the name of the person or team you would like to track, and click the correct entry when it appears.
- You will now see this window:
- Click the Twitter or Mobile button.
For Twitter: If you have not used Twitter updates before, you may need to Authorize the ChronoTrack Twitter App to make posts on your behalf. If this is the case, a login window will appear. Enter your Twitter login credentials and authorize the ChronoTrack app.
For Text: In the window that appears, enter the correct country and complete phone number. You may add up to 3 numbers.
- If you had signed up for every update type, the window would now look like this:
- Click Next.
- The bottom of the page will expand. Click Finish to finalize the update signup, or click Add Another Athlete to get updates for additional people.